Latest Skin News
(HealthDay News) — Summer is here, and it’s time to remember your feet.
The American Podiatric Medical Association recommends:
- Don’t walk barefoot; wear a pair of flip-flops at the pool, beach or in a locker room.
- Protect feet with sunscreen. Reapply regularly, and after swimming.
- Drink lots of water to help reduce swelling of the feet and ankles. When traveling, take frequent breaks to flex your feet, ankles and toes.
- Use water shoes if you’re visiting the beach, a creek, pond or lake. Pack a pair of dry shoes to change into.
- Create a foot first-aid kit, including moisturizing cream, bandages, nail clippers and blister pads. If you hurt your foot, see a podiatrist.
— Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2017 HealthDay. All rights reserved.