Latest MedicineNet News
(HealthDay News) — If you can’t get to shelter during a severe storm, it may be safest to stay in your car.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention offers this advice:
- If you are close to home or work, go there. If you are too far, find a safe place to pull over.
- If possible, pull underneath a shady, protected area.
- Listen to the radio for weather updates.
- Stay in that spot until it is safe to resume driving.
- Continue listening to the radio for any weather changes.
— Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2017 HealthDay. All rights reserved.